Thursday, June 2, 2011

Final Thoughts

Since this was my first time reading the Harry Potter series I feel like I may have missed some information since there is so much that takes place, especially in the final book. I’m sure going back and rereading, I would find a lot of information I missed the first time. I was not expecting Snape to work for the order of the phoenix. I was also surprised by the real reason he seemed to not like Harry. How he was in love with Harry’s mother Lily. You could tell that he was hurt that Harry was the son of James Potter and Lily. We later learn that Snape really just cares about Harry. I think this changed a lot of reader’s feelings about Snape. It definitely changed mine.
What I found problematic was some of the characters who were killed off. I was not expecting Dobby to be killed because he represented one of the good guys in the series.  
There is also a big change in Harry since the beginning of the series. Since he is much older than when he first went to Hogwarts, he seems a lot more independent. He doesn’t need the help of Ron and Hermione as much in the seventh book. For example, he does not want their help finding the Horcruxes and is determined to do it on his own. Also, the fact that he was willing to sacrifice his life for other people shows that he is a good person. I was glad that J.K Rowling made Harry live at the end of the series. I think it would be a huge disappointment for all the fans if he died.  

No comments:

Post a Comment