Monday, June 6, 2011

Blog #3

I had read this series before, but I still get goosebumps when thinking about Dobby dying. Here is an innocent creature whose true love for Harry ended in his demise saving him. He was a very innocent symbol in the book, and kind of an omen that things were about to go down after he was killed. My feelings for Dumbledore remained the same; he is very honorable. He did, however, show us how he too was still just a human. Sometimes I found myself holding him on a pedestal, but his story about Ariana and the rest of his family, followed by how he tried on the ring and was selfish with the Hallows brought me back to reality; he, too, is just a person. Snape, on the other hand, changed my feelings drastically. I went through a roller coaster of emotions with his character throughout the series. I wanted to trust him so badly because Dumbledore did, but he did not act the part at all. Hearing about his undying love for Lily was heart wrenching. You really saw the good inside of him and he, in the end, died for her and Harry just as she died for Harry. He went from being a distasteful professor to being incredibly honorable. Harry, Ron, and Hermione grew up a lot in the 7th book. We see them truly transform into adults. Their problems become more real, too. We go through this journey with them and understand how each of them are feeling throughout the book. This is where I think Rowling is a genius. She has a way of getting you to feel like you are part of their group of friends, or part of the family. Your emotions change with theirs as you read.
I don't think I would change a thing about these books. I've read the series through and through a number of times and still love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment